Indonesia andesite stone or also known as “face stone” is so a popular natural stone since the colonial era in our country. Our ancestors commonly used andesite stone for wall cladding, gate or fence, and canal irrigation also
Andesite stone is a type of extrusive igneous rock-based on how they form.
In history, the name of “andesite” is derived from the world-longest mountain, the Andes mountains of South America.
Meanwhile, this extrusive igneous rock also can be found in other countries, especially Indonesia.
Indonesia andesite stone classified based on how they color. There are several items variant of it and surface finishes’ variation also.
Characteristics of Indonesia Andesite Stone
- Textured: Solid and harsh, not easily damaged by scratching and weather changes
- Color variants: Dark-grey color and dark-green color.
- Motive: Plain and spots
- Application: Exterior (facades, fence, pillar, carport, and terrace) and interior flooring tile
- Finishing: Sawn cut, split face, flamed, bushhammered, honed, and polished
- Mineral contents: plagioclase feldspar minerals, silica (55-65%), amphibole, or pyroxene
- Cutting size available : 100x100mm, 300x300mm, 300x600mm, 600x600mm (Custome available)
- Thickness available: 15 ~ 30mm (Custome available)